University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 1997)
Florida A&M University (B.S. 1993)
As a partner in the firm and experienced civil defense attorney, Ron has established a reputation as a sought-after corporate litigator, advisor, and speaker in both the Midwest and national legal communities.Ronald Austin, Jr. is a highly regarded corporate attorney who concentrates in the areas of business law, employment law, healthcare law, commercial litigation, and product liability litigation.
Ron’s practice includes representing Fortune 500 companies, hospitals and healthcare organizations and financial services companies in employment litigation, contract disputes, and corporate transactions. Ron also represents clients in product liability litigation, including automobile and construction equipment manufacturers. Ron has extensive experience defending against toxic tort claims and serves as national counsel for manufacturing clients where
he manages all aspects of the litigation, including trial. In addition, Ron regularly advises and provides training to clients to help them avoid litigation.
Ron is a licensed member of the Illinois Bar and a member of the trial bar for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Ron has been recognized each year since 2019 by, the legal industry publication, Super Lawyers Magazine for his accomplishments in business litigation.
Ron serves on numerous non-profit boards. He is a member and former chairman of the Board of Directors of PCC Community Wellness Center, a federally qualified health center with locations in Chicago and the western suburbs. Ron is also the chairman of the PCC Foundation and serves on the Community Board Member Advisory Panel for the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. Ron formerly serves on the Executive Council for the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA) and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Illinois Association of Health Care Attorneys (IAHA). Additionally, Ron serves on the University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Board.
Ron obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1997. Prior to law school, Ron graduated from Florida A&M University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1993.
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (Executive Council)
- Chicago Bar Association (Judicial Evaluation Committee)
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Awards and Recognition
- Illinois Super Lawyers (2019 – 2023)
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors – PCC Community Wellness Center
- Chairman of the Board of Directors – PCC Foundation
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Victory Apostolic Church
- Community Board Member Advisory Panel – Illinois Primary Health Care Association
- Former Member of the University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Board
- Former Member of Board – Illinois Associate of Healthcare Attorneys
- Education Board Member – Chicago Bar Associations Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Executive Council Member of Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- “Recent Developments with Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements” – Illinois Primary Health Care Association Annual Leadership Conference (2017)
- “Litigating Non-Compete Agreements” – Association of Defense Trial Attorneys’ Annual Meeting (2017)
- “Amendments to the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act” – Illinois Paralegal Association’s Spring Education Conference (2017)
- “Introduction to the Family Medical Leave Act” – client presentation (2011, 2017)
- “Diversity and Inclusion” – client presentation (2016, 2017)
- “Employment Laws Every Business Owner Should Know” – Chicago Urban League’s Next Level Business Development Program (2016)
- “Bylaws and Operating Agreements” – Illinois Paralegal Association’s Corporate Section Meeting
- “Team Building Basics” – client presentation (2013)