University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. 1997)
Florida A&M University (B.S. 1993)
As a partner in the firm and experienced defense attorney, Ron has established a reputation as a sought-after corporate litigator, advisor, and speaker in both the Midwest and national legal communities.Ronald Austin, Jr. is a highly regarded corporate attorney who concentrates in the areas of employment law, healthcare law, commercial litigation, and product liability litigation. Ron joined Grant Law in 2015 as a partner.
Ron’s practice includes representing Fortune 500 companies, hospitals and healthcare providers and financial service companies in employment litigation, contract disputes, and corporate transactions. Ron also represents clients in product liability litigation, including automobile and construction equipment manufacturers.
Ron has extensive experience defending against toxic tort claims and serves as national counsel for manufacturing clients in asbestos personal-injury actions. As national counsel, he manages all aspects of the litigation, including trial.
In addition, Ron regularly advises and provides training to clients to help them avoid litigation.
Ron is a licensed member of the Illinois Bar and a member of the trial bar for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Ron is a member and former chairman of the Board of Directors of PCC Community Wellness Center, a federally qualified health center with locations in Chicago and the western suburbs. He is also the chairman of the PCC Foundation and serves on the Community Board Member Advisory Panel for the Illinois Primary Health Care Association. Additionally, Ron serves on the University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Board.
Ron obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1997. Prior to law school, Ron graduated from Florida A&M University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1993.
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (Vice Chair of Mentor Committee, Publications Committee)
- Chicago Bar Association (Business Law Committee, Health Law Committee)
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Awards and Recognition
- Illinois Super Lawyers (2019)
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors – PCC Community Wellness Center
- Chairman of the Board of Directors – PCC Community Wellness Center
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Victory Apostolic Church
- Community Board Member Advisory Panel – Illinois Primary Health Care Association
- Chairman of the Board of PCC Foundation
- Member of the University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Board
- “Recent Developments with Non-Compete and Non-Soliciation Agreements” – Illinois Primary Health Care Association Annual Leadership Conference (2017)
- “Litigating Non-Compete Agreements” – Association of Defense Trial Attorneys’ Annual Meeting (2017)
- “Amendments to the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act” – Illinois Paralegal Association’s Spring Education Conference (2017)
- “Introduction to the Family Medical Leave Act” – client presentation (2011, 2017)
- “Diversity and Inclusion” – client presentation (2016, 2017)
- “Employment Laws Every Business Owner Should Know” – Chicago Urban League’s Next Level Business Development Program (2016)
- “Bylaws and Operating Agreements” – Illinois Paralegal Association’s Corporate Section Meeting
- “Team Building Basics” – client presentation (2013)