Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC (J.D., 1989)
Hampton University, Hampton, Virginia (B.S., 1983)
John C. Allen, IV, extends Grant Law’s legal expertise and reach, serving as Counsel to the firm and its many clients from our newly established Southern California office.John Allen brings to Grant Law nearly 30 years of professional legal experience. John is the former Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel for Family Health Network, Inc., an Illinois not-for-profit managed care community network.
Prior to joining Family Health Network, John served as the Director of the Department of Administrative Hearings for Cook County, Illinois, a central panel agency that hears ordinance violations for the county. John also served for seven years as the Inspector General for the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
John began his legal career in Virginia, first as a prosecutor and later in private practice. His areas of legal expertise include Corporate Transactions, Health Care and Administrative Law.
John serves as the Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee of the National Conference of Administrative Law Judges for the American Bar Association. He is also active in the Administrative Law Section Council for the Illinois State Bar Association.
John has enjoyed serving on the Boards of Directors for several organizations, including Oak Park and River Forest High School, the Center for Child and Family Services, and the Peninsula Chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
John earned his Jurist Doctorate degree from the Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and received his Bachelor’s of Science degree in English from Hampton University, in Hampton, Virginia. While in law school, John worked as a legal intern for the SAS Institute in Cary, North Carolina, and at the District of Columbia Law Revisions Commissions in Washington, D. C.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC (J.D., 1989)
- Hampton University, Hampton, Virginia (B.S., 1983)
- National Conference of Administrative Law Judges, Executive Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Illinois State Bar Association, Administrative Law Section Council (past Chair)
- Illinois Association of Administrative Law Judges Central Panel Director’s Conference
- American Bar Association (Section Officer’s Council) (Cyber-Security Task Force)
- Cook County Bar Association